Dabble is an online betting app made for the punter of today. That means being able to interact with other users by sharing, following, copying, commenting and interacting with the community.
Generally speaking, Dabble has a relaxed and laid-back approach to community engagement and interaction. We are focused on inclusivity (everyone feeling safe on our app) and fun - after all, we are celebrating the greatest entertainment product in the world - Sport!
Whilst Dabble encourages conversation and interaction, we draw a very strong line when it comes to behaviour that may offend or insult other users. There will be zero tolerance for activity that could in any way be considered intimidation, bullying, harassment or hate speech on any of the following:
- Drug related references
Action Taken For Violations
In addition to user moderation through report functions, Dabble will also have moderators constantly checking in to make sure the community is staying safe, inclusive and fun.
- "Trolling" other users, or "Tip Shaming". This is highly discouraged and not what our community is about.
- Repeated, unnecessary, or "over the top" self promotion or spamming when asked to refrain. These are "Banter" channels remember?
- Trolling or harassing other users on bet comment sections.
- Unnecessarily spamming Rockets during designated "Rocket Times"
Anyone who is found to have breached Dabbles Community Guidelines may face one or more of the following, at the complete discretion of the Dabble moderation team:
Offensive content deleted or edited. The user may or may not be contacted and informed that the content has been deleted or edited.
Temporary 24 hour ban from participating in Banter, adding bet descriptions or comments.
A permanent ban from participating in Banter, adding bet descriptions or comments.
Severe cases may result in your Dabble account being suspended or permanently closed.
- Any repeat infringement's may result in a Permanent Ban.
The Dabble team has full discretion to remove, change, edit and/or block any content that it deems to be inappropriate, or for any other reason it may find. The decision of the Dabble moderation team will be final.
Dabble's community of users will only have a great experience without the negative energy that comes from bullying, harassment, threats, and anti-social behaviour that manifest on the site from user comments, chat and other comments. These guidelines have been developed with this principle in mind.
Making The Most Of The Community
There are quite a few ways that you can interact with other Dabble users, and many places that you can share your voice and have a conversation. The following sections of the app contain User Generated Content.
One of the most common uses of Dabble's social interactions is to share opinions or 'tips' on betting events - using Bet Descriptions, Comments and Banter.
We want to foster an environment where users are happy, and encouraged, to share their tips and opinions. It is important to remember that each individual has the choice whether they are to 'Follow' or 'Copy' a bet, and if you copy an unsuccessful bet, there will be zero tolerance on direct negativity or abuse towards other users, even if they were responsible for the original bet/tip.
Any negativity or abuse directed at another user will be considered to be a violation of Dabble's community guidelines.
Private Correspondence External To Dabble App
Due to an increasing number of reports of deceptive and misleading conduct, Dabble has no choice but to clamp down on the promotion of private contact outside of the Dabble platform.
This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Private groups on other social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Twitter, Snapchat and TikTok
- Direct message or sharing of handles on other social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Twitter, Snapchat and TikTok
- Punters Clubs or Betting Groups outside of the Dabble platform.
The rule is simple: If you wish to post about your personal contact details or private groups outside of the Dabble app, you can only do so with prior written approval from the Dabble marketing team. You are welcome to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to seek that approval.
In considering your approval, the Dabble team will take into account how long you have been providing the services you are promoting, and any risk associated with other Dabble users being encouraged to join.
Any claims of profit on Tips from a 3rd party source is prohibited, as it may be considered misleading and deceptive.
The sharing of private details such as phone number, email address and bank details is a violation of the Dabble community guidelines.
NEW: Drawing Attention Away From Public Banter Channels
Public Banter Channels should be used only for the purpose of the name of the channel. There has been a concerning rise in messages that encourage/induce/persuade users to take actions that are not conducive to the purpose of the channel.
Effective from 1 March 2022, any message that persuades or encourages a user to leave a Public Banter Channel or to take an action outside of the Public Banter Channel will be considered a violation of the community guidelines and may be deleted. Multiple offences from the same user may result in restrictions placed on their account.
Examples of messages that may offend:
- Any promotion, discussion or mention of a tipping group/tipping service where those tips are not being provided to the Public Banter Channel (e.g. a subscription service outside of the Dabble app)
- Any promotion, discussion or mention of private groups, shows, podcasts or other services that are offered outside of the Dabble app
- Repeatedly inviting other users to 'view your profile' to find tips and/or other content, without providing the content to the Public Banter Channel. The purpose of the Public Banter Channels is to generate discussion within the channel itself, and there must be a balance between self-promotion and the offering of content in the chat. To make this abundantly clear, users will be allowed to invite others to view their profile as long as they are maintaining a healthy balance of tips/content into the channel as well.
- Asking Dabble or other Dabble users to lend them money. Offenders will have their accounts frozen and reported to Dabble’s responsible gambling team for further action, which could result in a ban.
All users are welcome to use their own profile and bio for self-promotion as long as it remains aligned to the rest of the community guidelines. The intent of this rule is to keep Public Banter Channels in line with the purpose of the channel.
If you are promoting a service on your profile, such as a YouTube show or a tipping group, we encourage you to use the Public Banter Channels for their intended purpose and other users will naturally find your content, rather than needing to plug it in the channels.
Blocked Words and Dabble's 'Automod'
Dabble has a filter that results in certain words/phrases being automatically blocked from delivering via Banter, Comments and Bet Description. This feature is called the 'automod'
The automod is used to prevent violations of community guidelines and to keep the community safe. There are many words on the list including explicit words/phrases and hate speech.
If there is a word or phrase that you do not believe should be on the 'automod' block list, you are welcomed to raise it with the banter moderators or send an email to email@example.com
Any repeated attempts to deliberately avoid the 'automod' is a violation of Dabble's community guidelines (e.g. spelling 'Fck' or 'Shyt').
We are committed to providing you with an enjoyable betting experience. In doing that we want to play an active role in ensuring all customers are gambling in a safe and responsible manner. We want you to stay in control of your gambling, and not allow your gambling to control you.
Any messages, comments, bios, bet descriptions or usernames that show any signs, encouragement or endorsement of gambling behaviour that would not be considered responsible, will be considered a violation of Dabble's community guidelines.
As much as we love to have a laugh and poke fun, 'jokes' about Responsible Gambling matters will be taken very seriously and may result in a restriction from accessing Dabble's user generated content features. This strict policy is enforced to protect both you as the individual and the broader community around you.
You can read more about Dabble's commitment to Responsible Gambling here.
If you see anything on the Dabble app that you believe may violate Dabble's community guidelines, you are encouraged to report it via one of the following methods:
- Banter or Comments - hold down on the message and tap 'Flag'
- Username, Bio or Bet Description - take a screenshot and attach it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Content Not Supported In Banter
The following content is not currently supported to be uploaded to Dabble while we are polishing our automated content moderation tools: URLs, images, videos or other files.
Changes To Community Guidelines
As Dabble grows, our product will change and we may need to update these guidelines. We encourage you to regularly check-in and see what is new.
Thanks for participating in Dabble's community and helping make it a fantastic place to enjoy and celebrate all things sport!