We want you to enjoy your gambling experience by staying in control. For most people, gambling is an exciting and fun form of entertainment. For others, it can become a problem with devastating consequences to them, their families and friends.
Are you in control of your gambling? Is it affecting you negatively, and impacting other aspects of your life?
Below are some signs that you may be a risk of developing a gambling problem:
- When you lose a bet, you try to win it back
- You gamble more money than you can afford to, or originally wanted to spend
- You keep losing track of time when gambling
- You start earmarking future gambling winnings for bills, or household expenses
- You start thinking of things to sell, asking to borrow money or consider stealing to find money to gamble
Problem gambling and gambling addictions can escalate and cause negative effects such as:
- Unwanted debts and extreme financial stress
- Relationship breakdowns
- Stress and depression
- Legal issues where fraud or theft is involved
How Dabble can help.
Dabble offers access to a range of independent support tools, through Gambling Help Online, to help you stay in control. These can include:
For free confidential advice that is available 24/7, please visit any of the following support services for assistance.
- https://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au 1800 858 858
- Relationships Australia 1300 364 277
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Lifeline 13 11 44
BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register™ is a free service for people who want to exclude from all Australian online wagering providers. For more info visit www.betstop.gov.au or call 1800 238 786